Meet Our New Trainer and Assessor

Meet Our New Trainer and Assessor

800 600 Amazing Education & Training
Childcare Trainer and Assessor Amelia - Amazing Education

Amelia is one of our new Childcare Trainer and Assessors at Amazing Education.

Amelia joined the Amazing Education team at the end of last year. She’s one of our superstar Trainer and Assessors passionate about helping our students complete their qualifications and gain the skills and confidence they need to achieve their goals as childcare professionals.

We asked Amelia a few questions about her journey to becoming a Trainer and Assessor, and how she strives to provide amazing support and training to inspire her students and help them succeed.

Tell us about your career journey so far.

Amelia: I have worked in the early childhood education and care industry for almost a decade now!

I completed my Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care in high school as a school-based trainee. I began working at a childcare centre at 17, and then progressed to completing my Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care as an apprentice. I became a Lead Educator, an Educational Leader and 2IC.

I have been a Trainer and Assessor for almost two years now.

What drew you to a career in early childhood education?

Amelia:  There wasn't one specific driving factor, but rather a real mix! I am so passionate about the early years, and I felt motivated to share my own passion and knowledge with students to nurture that same enthusiasm for early childhood education and care in them.

I also felt that, unfortunately, my own training experience wasn't incredibly supportive or positive, which is something I strive to provide for my students every day.

What do you love most about your workday?

Amelia: I love being on the road and at different services each day. I love working with my students face-to-face, as well as with their Centre Directors and fellow staff.

It feels great to be involved in such an awesome and wide variety of childcare centres, and also to have some sneaky cuddles with children in between.

Also, the Amazing team behind the scenes. Our staff are Amazing! (Pardon the pun.)

What qualities do you think are important for childcare educators to have?

Amelia: Patience comes to my mind first. Humour is also up high on my list – it’s hard to take yourself seriously when you're singing and dancing like no one’s watching! I think it’s important that you are compassionate, honest, kind, caring, approachable and genuine as well.

What do you hope your students take away from their courses? (Apart from their qualification, of course.)

Amelia: As I mentioned before, one of the reasons I wanted to become a Trainer was so that I could share my genuine love for children, and early learning and development. It would be a blessing if my students finished their qualification with an authentic passion for being an early childhood educator.

I think that a career in early childhood education and care is extremely rewarding and special, as we play a part in the most important years of a child’s life. I’d love for my students to develop the skills and expertise to make a positive difference in these young lives.

What’s something (big or small) that most people don’t know about you?

Amelia: I love sausage dogs! I have three currently and don't plan on stopping.  🤪

--

Thanks to Amelia for sharing her journey with us! If you have any questions about studying childcare, please get in touch or give us a call on 1300 707 058.

Ready to build your amazing career?

If you’re ready to start a new career or expand your qualifications in childcare, chat to our friendly team today. You can reach us on 1300 707 058, at courses@amazing.edu.au, or simply by filling out the enquiry form below.

Get your free Course Guide today

Get your free Course Guide today

Enrolment Expression of Interest

Send Us a Message

Contact Us

Contact Form

Fill out the form below to contact our friendly support team with any questions you may have.